Full Uninstall of Earlier Add-in Versions
If you have previously installed and uninstalled earlier versions, there may be files that were not fully uninstalled. The following directions will explain how to remove any old files.
Uninstall the Ontology Add-in for Word 2007
- Select the Programs group
- Select Uninstall a Program
- Select Ontology Add-in for Word 2007 and click Uninstall
Remove Any Remaining Files
- Select Word Options from the main menu
- In the lower panel, you’ll see a section for Inactive Application Add-ins.
- Uninstall any remaining XML Schema
There may be several items with the type XML Schema listed that are part of the Ontology Add-in. These need to be manually removed as follows:
At the bottom of the panel is a drop down box labeled Manage.
- Change the selection in the Manage box to XML Schema and click the Go… button
The Templates and Add-ins dialog should appear. You’ll notice that the XML schema you need to remove should be on this list.
- Click the Schema Library… button to remove them
The Schema Library dialog will appear.
- Select each schema you want to remove and click the Delete Schema button
Repeat the previous step until you have deleted all Ontology Add-in schemas.
- Click OK to close the Schema Library dialog the click OK to close the Templates and Add-ins dialog
Install the Latest Version
- Restart your computer (just to be safe)
Contributed by Mike Galos
- Reinstall the latest Ontology Add-in for Word 2007