Apr 15, 2010
OntologyParsing.cs (bigger changes)
BioLitTaskPane.cs (bigger changes)
- Refactoring of file parsing
- (Light) refactoring of cashed/non-cashed file loading/creating
- Added some exception handling (exception handling for debugging purposes is commented out)
- Added naive synonym support (synonyms are added to the search dictionary and mapped to their corresponding nodes in the ontology)
- Added support for multiple parents in an ontology (each node will be shown in the search tree multiple times with one tree to the root for each parent)
- Added "fuzzy" search capabilities (search for first part of string if no exact match has been found. Because all the synonyms will be searched and their corresponding nodes displayed I advise caution while searching for very short strings for performance reasons. I tested it using several ontologies with a total of around 200 000 synonyms/names and it worked ok though.)
- Search browser is now able to display the descriptions of the search results and their parents
- Added more consistent SmartTag adding and checking (the ontology terms are added to the SmartTags after parsing a new OBO-file. Doc
uments are (re)checked after closing the "Ontologies" settings dialog by clicking the "OK" button or after opening a document with "Office Button" -> "Open".)
- Add-in still seems to get set to inactive randomly. Opening a word file with a double click may be a potential cause. Someone should investigate, I suppose...
I hope I haven't broken anything (or forgotten to attach a changed file) and would appreciate it, if you found the time to review the code changes I made. It was quite a learning experience for me so I would love to get some feedback if it isn't too much of a hassle... :-)...
I can provide a compiled installer too if need should be.