Add-in not connecting to databases

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I'm hoping this project is still monitored. I tried installing this Add-in to see if it's something that we can adapt for our knowledge management initiative. When I bring up the configuration for the add-in I don't see any ontologies though. It will not let me load an obo file, and the form does not close when I click 'Ok'. I thought this might be my setup, as my workstation is behind a proxy, but I'm seeing the same behavior at home.

Is this expected with the add-in at the moment? Or did I miss something when installing it?

Thank you,

Nick Thorpe

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Nick,

Thanks for reaching out.  There was a recent change to the NCBO ontology webservice that broke this add-in.  Our engineers have the fix ready and should have this pushed out (in the binary and source code) in the next week.  Apologies for the inconvenience!

---Alex

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Thanks for responding so quickly! I'll look forward to trying the new version when it's ready. Quick question though while I have your ear: Should the data connector you're using work behind a proxy (as configured in iexplore)? Or will I need to try the add-in on a network that isn't proxified?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Yes, it should be routing these http requests through your proxy configuration, but let me verify this and get back to you.